The TECHNE acted in coordinating the management of the Contract INPE-FUNCATE arising from the Agreement with the Ministry of National Integration / Ministry of Science and Technology, which has as its object the set of studies in the area of water resources and regional development, fitting out the following projects:
- Project Transposition the Water of São Francisco River to the Septentrional Semi Arid (PE, CE, PB and RN);
- Revitalization Project the São Francisco River (MG, BA, PE, AL and SE);
- Transposition Project Water from the Tocantins River Basin to the São Francisco River Basin (TO / BA);
- Transposition Project Water for the São Francisco River Basin Rivers Caninde / Piauí (PI);
- Transposition Project Water of the River to River Basins Vasa-Barris, Itapecuru and Jacuípe (BA / SE)
- Water Availability of Groundwater Aquifers and Acu Jandaíra (CE / RN); and
- Water Supply Plan for the Supply of Greater Recife (PE).
These studies include an immense area, integrating the states of Piauí, Ceará, Rio Grande do Norte, Paraíba, Pernambuco, Alagoas, Sergipe, Bahia, Minas Gerais and Tocantins, with a complex and comprehensive Regional Planning, which includes, among others, the following segments:
- Expansion of Regional Infrastructure Hydropower;
- Impacts on the Structure of Cities and the Urban and Rural Economy; and
- Environmental Management and Planning.